Legal Question in Criminal Law in New Jersey

My ex made false statements to the cops & I was arrested for harassment The charge was dismissed in court. I want to sue him in small claims court for the amount I had to pay in attorney fees as well as the amount that I would need to pay to have my harassment charge expunged. Do I have legal basis for filing in small claims court & how likely would I win the case?

Asked on 7/11/13, 9:09 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jef Henninger, Esq Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, you can sue him. Its impossible to say if you will win and/or if you will actually get any money out of him.

Read more
Answered on 7/11/13, 9:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New Jersey

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now