Legal Question in Criminal Law in New Jersey

I had a TRO placed on my by an ex-roommate claiming I threatened their life. This allegation is not true, but since it will be their word and their 2 friends (both ex room mates, one boyfriend of the accuser, and another close friend) against mine, I am unsure of what to do and what the ramifications could potentially be if they won their case. I have no priors, no violent background, and this is in New Jersey.

Asked on 2/20/12, 12:30 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Gary Moore Gary Moore Attorney At Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You need the services of an experienced criminal lawyer. A finding of domestic violence against you will show up when you are stopped by the police and when you go to the airport to leave the country. It will also pose a problem for many forms of employment, such as teaching school or working as a doctor. Call me , if you like.

Read more
Answered on 2/20/12, 1:20 pm
Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You really do not want to be found guilty of domestic violence.

I do a lot of defense work in this area. Call me, and I will assist you.

Robert Davies, Attorney

201 820 3460

Read more
Answered on 2/20/12, 5:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New Jersey

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now