Legal Question in Criminal Law in New Jersey

My wife has an arraignment on September the 23rd- she is being charged with felonies in NJ. We spoke with a lawyer a few months ago and decided to use him but never gave him money. He called us today and said he had received the discovery and needs us to come in this week with money. We are in a HUGE financial distress and really dont know how we can come up with the there anyway to rechedule the arraignment or atleast buy us sometime to come up with the funds??

This is my wife's first time being charged for anything and the lawyer says there is a good chance for probation- i really just need to know what our options would be??

Asked on 9/09/13, 10:13 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Polsky Law Offices of David W. Polsky
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


It really depends on the charge and the court to determine if the arraignment may be postponed

If you give me a call I can discuss some options with you

David W. Polsky

973 686-9787

Read more
Answered on 9/09/13, 10:19 am
Jef Henninger, Esq Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Your wife should get a public defender.

Read more
Answered on 9/11/13, 4:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New Jersey

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now