Legal Question in DUI Law in New Jersey

My 20 year old son got arrested for underage drinking (NJ) and has a court appearance next month. This is the first time ever in trouble. Should he hire a lawyer? He was not driving. Just walking.

Asked on 9/25/11, 6:26 am

4 Answers from Attorneys

Gary Moore Gary Moore Attorney At Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

When you ask a lawyer whether you should hire a lawyer it makes me ask you if you would ask a farmer if you should buy some peaches? Hiring a lawyer is about security and predictablility. It is also about some opportunity to minimize the charge when you have a lawyer.

Read more
9/25/11, 7:09 am
Jack Venturi Jack Venturi Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I don't know anything about farmers or peaches but I do know your son is charged with a criminal offense. If doesn't want a conviction on his record it would be wise to hire competent counsel.

-Michael Roberts

Read more
9/25/11, 11:00 am
Ronald Aronds Law Office of Ronald Aronds, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I would never let my son go to criminal court without a criminal defense lawyer, and I could never recommend that anyone else ever let their son go to criminal court without a criminal defense lawyer either. Please contact my office for a free consultation. Thank you.

Sincerely yours, -Ronald Aronds, Esq.-

Read more
9/25/11, 2:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in New Jersey

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88333 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now