Legal Question in DUI Law in New Jersey

21 years ago i got a dui, i just recently got onther one is this concidered a first offence

Asked on 2/04/12, 12:26 am

4 Answers from Attorneys

Gary Moore Gary Moore Attorney At Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It is. Call me, if you like.

Read more
Answered on 2/04/12, 5:00 am
Greggory Marootian Greggory M. Marootian, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, because the gap between your 1st and 2nd offense is greater than ten years, this would be treated as a first offense under the NJ DWI Statute (assuming you are convicted). The Court must sentence you within the sentencing parameters of a 1st-offender, although the Court can consider the prior conviction in imposing the sentence.

Read more
Answered on 2/04/12, 12:05 pm
Ronald Aronds Law Office of Ronald Aronds, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Since the time is in excess of ten years between the two you would be sentenced as a first offender IF you were found guilty. I always look for ways to win a case before I assume that my client should just please guilty. Please contact my office for a free consultation to discuss your case. Thank you.

Sincerely yours, -Ronald Aronds, Esq.-

Read more
Answered on 2/04/12, 7:26 pm
Larry Raiken Larry S Raiken LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes this would be a first offense. Please call my office to discuss this matter.

Read more
Answered on 2/06/12, 8:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in New Jersey

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now