Legal Question in DUI Law in New Jersey

21 years ago i got a dui, i just recently got onther one is this concidered a first offence

Asked on 2/04/12, 12:26 am

4 Answers from Attorneys

Gary Moore Gary Moore Attorney At Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It is. Call me, if you like.

Read more
Answered on 2/04/12, 5:00 am
Greggory Marootian Greggory M. Marootian, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, because the gap between your 1st and 2nd offense is greater than ten years, this would be treated as a first offense under the NJ DWI Statute (assuming you are convicted). The Court must sentence you within the sentencing parameters of a 1st-offender, although the Court can consider the prior conviction in imposing the sentence.

Read more
Answered on 2/04/12, 12:05 pm
Ronald Aronds Law Office of Ronald Aronds, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Since the time is in excess of ten years between the two you would be sentenced as a first offender IF you were found guilty. I always look for ways to win a case before I assume that my client should just please guilty. Please contact my office for a free consultation to discuss your case. Thank you.

Sincerely yours, -Ronald Aronds, Esq.-

Read more
Answered on 2/04/12, 7:26 pm
Larry Raiken Larry S Raiken LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes this would be a first offense. Please call my office to discuss this matter.

Read more
Answered on 2/06/12, 8:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in New Jersey

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now