Legal Question in DUI Law in New Jersey

I had a DUI in March, 2011. It will be my third the last being in 1992. My first court date was to be in April. Since then I have had a court date each month. The prosecutors office is very slow in providing evidence such as discovery, which we finally got in June, and the video from the police which we finally got in September as we arrived in court. Now we are waiting for something else she needs to provide.

Each and every month I am given a slight glimmer of hope that something good will happen and every month I must wait again for another date. I feel like I've already been punished because these last seven months have been a personal hell for me and my family. I'm looking at jail time and loss of job and maybe my home.

Is this all normal? The prosecutor may or may not even be at the court because she is running for office right now so we never know who we are even dealing with.

Larry Raiken Larry S Raiken LLC

Do you have an attorney? If not if you retained an attorney possibly something can be done. If you do mnot have one then you are very foolish since you are facing a loss of license for 10 years. If you want to retain an attorney please contact my office.

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in New Jersey