Legal Question in DUI Law in New Jersey

I was pulled over for going down a one way street. After the stop, the officer claimed I had blood shot eyes, slurred speech etc etc and asked me to step out of the car. I blew .06 (nj limit is ,08), I only did the HGN test and I refused the others ( i know i should have refused all of them but i was trying to be nice ...i know stupid) My question is this. The one way sign, was obstructed by a planted tree. Since the officer pulled me over for (probable cause) of going through one way street. I have photo evidence that shows its blocked. Can everything after the stop be dismissed since I never truly broke the one way sign law? Since its obstructed. Also this was a small alley, and the parking lot I came out from did not have a (no left sign) the other lot on the other side did... I did not swerve or do any of the points used in determining a drunk driver with the exception of the 1 way. Thank you very much.

Asked on 7/10/13, 1:38 pm

4 Answers from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

A lawyer can file a motion to suppress. You could succeed on this

Call me if you like. 215-370-2608 is web site

39 yrs of practice in NJ

Read more
Answered on 7/10/13, 1:45 pm
Gary Moore Gary Moore Attorney At Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Give a call and I will discuss your case with you.

Read more
Answered on 7/10/13, 1:47 pm
John Ducey Law Offices of John G. Ducey, PC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

What exactly were you charged with? Call to discuss

John Ducey


Read more
Answered on 7/10/13, 2:10 pm
Ronald Aronds Law Office of Ronald Aronds, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You may have a chance of beating the one way/wrong way ticket based on the photographic evidence you have. I would have to see the photographs also. SInce you know your readings it doesn't sound like you were charged with DWI or Refusal. Anyway, on a complex issue like this or if you have to take the case to trial I would recommend you hire a lawyer to represent you. Please contact my office to discuss your case in more detail. Thank you.

Sincerely yours, -Ronald Aronds, Esq.-

Read more
Answered on 7/11/13, 6:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in New Jersey

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now