New Jersey  |  Elder Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/06/13, 5:58 pm

My brother owns my parent's home for the past 14 years. It was purchased to save them from losing their home with the understanding that the purchase was made "in name only". My parent's SS money has completely gone to my brother for these past 14 years. My father passed away 4 years ago and my mother's SS money continues to go to my brother. My parents lived in the home all along and there is no written contract or lease agreement. My mother is running out of money. I am her POA. We want to get the house back in my mother's name and have a reverse mortgage. What can I do to help my mom in this situation?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search