Legal Question in Family Law in New Jersey

Child support and visitation

My boyfriend's ex-wife is moving to Colorado with his daughter. Their divorce settlement allows her to move but it states they have to revisit support and visitation. She says that her attorney told her she doesn't have to revisit before she moves and that she could of just sent him a postcard. Shouldn't the child support and visitation be revisited before the move?

Asked on 4/27/05, 11:42 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gary Moore Gary Moore Attorney At Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Child support and visitation

To move out of state with a child where there is a visitation order requires either the consent of the other parent or a court order approving same.

You should call me for more information.

Gary Moore, Esquire

Hackensack, New Jerseyu

800 273 7933

Read more
Answered on 4/27/05, 3:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Jersey

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now