Legal Question in Family Law in New Jersey

have custody of my chilldren. live in nj

Their mother who as not been a constant presence in their lives for the last 4 years lives in NY. Had the sheriffs office go to my parents home to serve me with a supeona to appear in court. I was never personally served. The sheriff never left the papers with my parents. But now. their is a warrant out for my arrest. I have no money for a lawyer. What should I do?

Asked on 6/13/13, 1:27 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jef Henninger, Esq Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Do whatever you can to borrow the money or a credit card from anyone to help you get a good lawyer

Read more
Answered on 6/13/13, 1:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Jersey

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now