Legal Question in Family Law in New Jersey

In my divorce settlement there is a paragraph to sell the marital home. After the divorce, I wanted to try and keep the house and my ex wife stated that would be fine and signed a quit claim deed for me. When I filed the papers, she then filed an opposition letter and the judge denied my motion.

In my haste filing the papers I forgot to check that I wanted an oral argument and this was the reason the judge denied me because I was not in the court to defend my position. I was however at the courthouse and the law clerk said I could not go before the judge because I did not check oral argument.

I supplied the quit claim deed that was signed by my ex wife but I take it that was not enough. My question is can I file this motion again or do I have to appeal the decision. I have email documentation that my ex wife was on board with my decision to keep the house.

Thank you in advance

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

you need to talk to a divorce lawyer, right away.

come see me if you like, no charge for the first office consultation.

Robert Davies, Esq.

201 820 3460

Jef Henninger, Esq Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq.

You shouldn't do anything without talking to an attorney first. Call me anytime at 732/773/2768

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Jersey