New Jersey  |  Family Law

In my divorce settlement there is a paragraph to sell the marital home. After the divorce, I wanted to try and keep the house and my ex wife stated that would be fine and signed a quit claim deed for me. When I filed the papers, she then filed an opposition letter and the judge denied my motion.

In my haste filing the papers I forgot to check that I wanted an oral argument and this was the reason the judge denied me because I was not in the court to defend my position. I was however at the courthouse and the law clerk said I could not go before the judge because I did not check oral argument.

I supplied the quit claim deed that was signed by my ex wife but I take it that was not enough. My question is can I file this motion again or do I have to appeal the decision. I have email documentation that my ex wife was on board with my decision to keep the house.

Thank you in advance