New Jersey  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/18/13, 10:15 am


My question is that my wife had an affair and is currently pregnant with the other mans child. They broke it off once she got pregnant and he wants nothing to do with his child she's carrying. She is not going to put him on the birth certificate and will leave the father portion blank. She wants nothing to do with him and doesn't even want child support. We are divorcing and I read that if my wife is trying to make me pay child support for the 2 children we had together before this affair, she has to make this guy pay as well. Is there any legal ground that I can use in this matter? I don't mind that I'm paying child support even though I feel its high and not used on my children. But can she legally make me pay for my kids when I am a great father and just let this other guy get off Scott free without paying at least child support for his child? If she leave the portion blank on the birth certificate, does that actually let him off the hook? It wrong if that's true but do I have any thing I can bring up or am I wasting my time trying to get her to at least make it fair and have this guy also pay for his child he wants nothing to do with

Thanks for any information you may be able to give me.


Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search