New Jersey  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/01/05, 4:56 pm

Hyphenating my child`s last name

I`m married and want to hyphenate my daughter`s last name to my husband`s but he is not her birth father her biogolical father name is not on the birth certificate.

Do i need his consent to hyphenate her name although she has my maiden name?

Could i just go right ahead and do it on my own?

Would my husband need to adopt her?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search