New Jersey  |  Family Law

I have been married 10 yrs and have 2 children. Husband has 2 children previous marriage and pays 1,000/mo child support. My husband is a gambler and has gambled over 100,000 including $37,000 from his deceased father's estate which he was executor. We have a home that isn't worth purchase price. He will not leave even though I make more money and pay pretty much all of the bills. I cannot live having to sleep with my wallet under my pillow. What are my legal rights. Please advise. I have no money since he stole everything and even had my van reposessed which I had to pay 700.00 to get back (it's in his name). I have changed all accounts in my name solely but I am so far behind and my credit is terrible thanks to him. Where do I go. I cannot live like this any longer.

Answered on: 8/11/13, 12:50 pm by Tatyana Agarunov

Given the fact that you pay all the bills, its obvious why he doesn't want to leave. You can file for divorce and custody of your children. I would recommend you reach out to an attorney right away. If you are unable to pay for an attorney, contact your local bar association.

Agarunov Law Firm 30 Broad Street New York, NY 10004

Answered on: 8/11/13, 5:05 pm by Jef Henninger, Esq

Why don't you hire a lawyer and file for divorce? Call me at 732/773/2768 to discuss.

Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq. 8 Offices in New Jersey Tinton Falls, Newark, Toms Riv, NJ 08901