New Jersey  |  Family Law

I share joint legal and shared physical custody of my 5 year old son. My ex is primary. He starts kindergarten this year. I have already written a letter to the school asking for copies of everything his mother gets and to be notified of conferences, report cards, etc. What do I need to do if his mother doesn't send him to school and he misses to many days.

Answered on: 7/28/13, 12:56 pm by Jef Henninger, Esq

You would need to file a motion with the court. Call me anytime at 732/773/2768

Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq. 8 Offices in New Jersey Tinton Falls, Newark, Toms Riv, NJ 08901

Answered on: 7/29/13, 6:54 am by Robert Gleaner

All issues involving the child, if not resolved by the parents amicably, would be decided by the Court. You would need to file a Motion, with supporting Affidavits, establishing the issue for the Court and the relief that you are seeking. In the extreme cases, you may be asking for a change of primary custody.

Keep in mind that this advice is based purely on the little bit of information that you have given to me. There certainly may be other factors that would change my opinion. Further, no one can rely on advice from an attorney who has not been retained. Since it appears that you have not retained an attorney, you should contact a family law attorney to discuss your matter in more detail. Only then will you be able to rely on the advice. Feel free to call me at 856-546-8010. Your first one hour consultation is free. Good luck! Rob Gleaner

Robert A. Gleaner, P.C. 415 S. White Horse Pike Audubon, NJ 08106