Legal Question in Family Law in New Jersey

Can you sue dyfs

My children were taken away and put in a foster care home, because my husband failed a drug test and they lost my test I took 2 weeks before. They refused to let a family member take my children so they didnt have to go into the system. They failed to tell me my husband failed tests in the past after repeated calls to my worker and his supervisor with no response. My worker never informs me of the situation of my case for my children at all. When I confronted him about it he said "I should know what the person I lay down with is doing." and its not his responsibly to tell me these things. I never touched a drug in my life, my career is the production of drug tests. What can I do?

Asked on 2/19/12, 12:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It is OBVIOUS! Get a lawyer! You should not put up with this, and you should not have to put up with this. Your lawyer will demand a new test......

If you can't aford a lawyer, call the County Legal Services Office.

This is abominable assuming what you are telling me is true.

Call if you want to talk to me

215-732 4000

Good luck with everything!

Read more
Answered on 2/19/12, 1:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Jersey

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now