Legal Question in Immigration Law in New Jersey

can i apply for a us visa if my husband started a petition for me

Asked on 4/29/13, 9:52 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If your husband filed an I-130 petition for you AND he is a U.S. citizen, then you probably won't get a B-1/B-2 visa issued.

However, if your husband has a "greencard", there is a possibility, if you can convince the U.S. Consulate that you actually have the intent to return to your home country and will not overstay your visa.

Since you are looking at an "immigrant intent" issue, and based on the limited amount of information you have provided, it could possibly be quite difficult for you. It just depends on the circumstances of your case.

Read more
Answered on 4/29/13, 12:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New Jersey

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now