Legal Question in Immigration Law in New Jersey

Hello, I was denied a US citizenship first time I applied because I spent more time going to school and traveling overseas than in the States itself. Second time around last week I was given a hard time during my interview, reminding and warning me of my previous trips, however at the end of my interview I was finally granted a US citizenship. Now my fiance (citizen of another country, also living THERE) made a proposal recently and we are planning to move and live in his country for a while. My question is, if I do decide to move to another country and live there for some time, will this jeaopardize my American citizenship or reentry to USA anytime that I want in any way? Is there a possibility that I was given a citizenship but "an eye" will be kept on me and whereabouts I move in the future?Thank You!

Jignesh Shah Law Office of Jignesh J. Shah, LLC

If you are a U.S. Citizen, then residing in a foreign country will not jeopardize your re-entry to USA. There are tax implications as well, which my answer does not address.

www.jjshahlaw.com

DISCLAIMER: This post has been written for entertainment purposes only and and should not be relied upon or construed as legal advice. No intention exists to create an attorney-client relationship or any other special relationship or privilege through this post. The post may contain errors, inaccuracies and/or omissions. This post may be deemed as Attorney Advertising.

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New Jersey