Legal Question in Immigration Law in New Jersey

Hi, I am married 4 yrs earlier and mother of 1 year old baby girl, I was never happy with my husband. He abuses me in all means mental, verbal, emotional and physically. I stayed calm hoping to change one day but that never turned up to be true. I have no free space to talk with my people he over hears thru the other phone in home. He does not allow me to go out of home and other things as well…. But will give a pause here…

I wanted to take a break and go back to India for a better cause, but he doesn’t allow me to this also. I have no freedom in asking to get the visa formalities done for my kid.

Today my question is … what are the chances for me (mother) alone to apply the visa for my kid without the help form the kid’s father and I am on the H4 visa.

Or else please guide me with an alternative to get out of this hell and take a break and go to India, literally speaking I am now house arrested. Please help me out

Brian D. Lerner Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner, A Professional Corporation

Hello:

Is your Husband an American Citizen?

Dianne Brooks The Mandel Law Firm

You may be able to self-petition if your husband is physically and/or verbally abusive. I would need much more information about your situation, but I would like to help you in any way that I can. Please call me at (646) 430 9384 x101 for a free 30 minute consultation that we can do via phone, email or even SKYPE. Please don't stay in an abusive relationship.

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New Jersey