New Jersey  |  Immigration Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/10/13, 5:51 pm

I had to send my 15 year old son to stay on a Temporary Guard of my sister who already has family very well established in the USA for over 20 years.

I made a document authorizing my sister to have a Temporary Guard of my son.

He went to the USA on a Tourist Visa in August 2013 for 6 months.

My sister enrolled him in a School of the public High School in the town she lives in New Jersey and he is adapting very well to American way of life and is having excellent grades at school and sport performance. He is starting to be able to express himself and communicate in English getting better each week.

He lives with my sister, my brother in law and my 3 (three) nephews, happy and well.

My sister asked me to find a way to get a Student Visa so he could continue to attend this same school, which is one of the best around. Was that illegal to be attending school while tourist? Do Public Schools give/ sponsor Student Visa? Will he need to switch to another Private High School? Would he be able to get a new visa without having to go back to Brazil? I already understand there will be a cost to be paid to the school.

Please guide me on what we can do to have a Legal solution to his case.

Will my sister need any other documents to from me, the father, to represent me in the USA?

I really appreciate your advice or suggestions.

Jose Carlos

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search