Legal Question in Insurance Law in New Jersey

I am a mechanic. A driver for one of my company's clients damaged my $10,000 Snap-On toolbox. I was told I'd be paid for the damage. Tried to get estimates, but no one who does painting will come to my location and to get the box to a location requires a flatbed which will cost at least $150 each way. The paint must be ordered and costs approximately $120/pint.

I was told by the supervisor's son (who works here as well) that he has someone who will do the painting on site--he also implied that I have some control over what the estimate might say. I just want to get it to look like it did before the incompetant driver scratched the entire back of it. I could not call this person--the spvr's son supposedly spoke to him.

Lo and behold, yesterday, along with my pay envelope, was a check for $200, which is a JOKE to say the least. What are my options, and what happens if i cash this check? Does it represent an acceptance and will I then be unable to recoup the difference between this and the actual cost of repair?

Keith Singer Keith A. Singer, Attorney At Law

What is the actual out of pocket cost for you to repair your Snap On Toolbox? Once you have determined that call my office for an appointment to discuss the matter further. If you do not believe the $200.00 comes close to making you whole you should not cash the check.

None of the information provided should be relied upon as legal advice.

Keith A. Singer, Esq.

More Insurance Law questions and answers in New Jersey

Insurance Law Legal Forms