New Jersey  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

New Jesey, I moved from my rental home back in Dec of last year, I have not received a security deposit or explanation of why it wasnt returned. I have contacted them on numerous occasions and at one point they told me they were putting it in the mail. HEres a little background information. I was on a yearly lease that ended in Sept. that then turned in to a month to month, I spoke to the landlord the beginning of OCT and explained that my job was transferring me to GA. I asked if I needed to give him anything in writing an he said no, that was not needed. The job transfer took place in Novemeber, and moved my family out of the home the last week of that month. Do i have a legal ground for a small claim suit ?

Answered on: 4/11/13, 9:12 am by Robert Davies

it sounds like you do. where does the landlord live? if he is in my part of new jersey, i will sue him for you.

The Davies Law Firm, P.A. 45 Essex Street, Suite 3 West Hackensack, NJ 07601

Answered on: 4/11/13, 2:40 pm by John Corbett

I can handle that for you. On the facts as you state them, there is a good chance that we can get the landlord to reimburse you for attorney fees also.

See also: http://info.corbettlaw.net/lawguru.htm

Corbett Law Firm LLC 303 Walnut Ave. Evesham, NJ 08053-7016