New Jersey  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/08/12, 9:36 am

Hi, I just moved to Florida from New Jersey a few months ago. I have not gotten back my security deposit from my landlord, and it has been over 90 days. I can't get back to New Jersey. I would like to give Power of Attorney for finances(limited Power) to my son who is up in New Jersey. I bought the forms from NOLO. I just needed to know if I need any witnesses to sign it and do I have to have it notarized down in FL. or does my son have to go to a notary in NJ. I did call NOLO but they couldn't answer my question. They told me that since I live in Florida now it has to be notarized in Fl., but the Apt. I lived in was in New Jersey. The NOLO person told me to go back to jersey and get it Notarized. If I could do that I wouldn't have to give my son Power of Attorney. I hope you can let me know what to do. Do I need any witnesses and if I do how many and do I get it Notarized in Florida or does my son when He signs it in NJ.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search