Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in New Jersey

My notice to tenant about non renewal of lease & to vacate premises ( because I was going to move in.)was given 58 days not 60 due to Labor Day. Since the notice more than 60 days has elapsed but she won't move out. I filed for eviction but her lawyer says that he will ask for dismissal due to the first 58 day notice. Can that be done?

labor Day. . Would this have any effect in court? More than 60 days has elapsed since the notice but tenant won't move out. I filed papers for eviction but tenants lawyer says that he will ask for dismissal because of the 58 day notice.

John Corbett Corbett Law Firm LLC

A lot depends on the content of the notice and the lease. You will probably need the help of a lawyer to get her out.

I handle matters of this type, however the efficiencies in this matter may be influcenced by your lawyer's location. (You did not give enough information for me to tell if our Burlington County NJ office can help.) If I can be of further help to you, call or email.

See also: http://info.corbettlaw.net/lawguru.htm

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in New Jersey

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms