Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in New Jersey

i got c diff from an antibiotic from my dentist can i sue him

Stuart DiMartini Law Offices of Stuart DiMartini

C. difficile is most common in hospitals and other health care facilities, where a much higher percentage of people carry the bacteria. If a dentist failed to have and enforce hand hygiene rules or implement necessary infection prevention practices, they may be found responsible for malpractice. The other issue that needs to be answered is the nature and extent of your injuries. C. diff. can cause symptoms ranging from diarrhea to life-threatening inflammation of the colon (Colitis).

Best wishes,

http://dimartinilaw.com/medical_malpractice/hospital_acquired_infections

Michael Zerres Blume Goldfaden Berkowitz Donnelly Fried & Forte

Thank you for you inquiry. Actually C. Diff. is commonly associated with antibiotic administration; and acquiring it secondary to taking antibiotics is not typically related to any medical or dental negligence. However, if your C.Diff. was not timely diagnosed or correctly treated, and it resulted in a significant illness with a residual permanent condition or injury, a claim may be pursuable. This firm has handled many such claims. Please feel free to call me or any of my partners for a no-cost consultation with regard to your potential claim. We will assist you in whatever way we can.

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in New Jersey