Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in New Jersey

A little over a year ago I was at the skin doctor to have stitches removed from my back. When the nurse was cutting out the stitches I had a vasovagal attack (a condition that the doctor knew I had) and fainted, fell off the examination table and broke my ankle. I have had to have two surgeries on my ankle and although it is "healed" I still experience pain and soreness. Do I have a case/ should I seek legal counsel?

John Ratkowitz Starr, Gern, Davison & Rubin, P.C.

Since observing medical procedure is a known trigger for a vasovagal attack, if you can prove the doctor knew of the condition but failed to take precautions, you probably have a malpractice case worth investigating. To do that I would request the pertinent records and have them reviewed by an expert. I will be in the office Monday after 10:00 am if you would like to discuss this further.

SAMUEL BROWN Law Offices of Samuel Z. Brown / THE BROWN LAW FIRM

I appreciate your inquiry and offer my wishes for a speedy recovery. As you have realized, you need the guidance of a lawyer who is familiar with such matters to help you with a potential claim. My firm and I regularly handle such cases and I would be happy to help you. There are several ways you may be compensated for your loss but keep in mind that you may have only a limited time to file an action, and even less time if you intend to file against a public entity. So you need to act soon.

Call me for a FREE consultation so that I may be able to help you further. Please note that I only have the little information that you put into your question and my response is presented as a general response to that question. It is not intended as, nor should be construed as, legal advice or opinion.

732.370.3000

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in New Jersey