New Jersey  |  Real Estate Law

Background: Bank of America has begun foreclosure proceedings against me. They did not sent a Notice of Intent, which was my only defense in my answer. With my pro se answer I asked for Discovery, to which there was no response after the 35 days.

There is a status conference scheduled for 10 days from now. The Plaintiff's lawyer sent a "Stipulation of Dismissal Without Prejudice" And here is the exact wording:

"It is hereby stipulated and agreed by and between counsel for Plaintiff, Bank of America and the Defendant, (my name), that the above action (including all counterclaims) be dismissed without prejudice as to all Defendants"

I'm assuming that they plan to start over with the proper procedures, or they couldn't complete the discovery in time.

Should I sign this and send it back? The Plaintiffs lawyer did not send a signed copy to me.

The other option would be to file a motion to dismiss for failure to respond to discovery. Would this be a better option?

Also, if I did want to sign the Stipulation of dismissal, I would want add: "the parties to bear their respective costs, including any possible attorneys' fees or other expenses of this litigation."

Should I have the Plaintiff modify the SOD to my liking?