Legal Question in Traffic Law in New Jersey

2004 I was pulled over and received three tickets. Two were municipal. And one was superior. On the superior ticket the correct info was provided by the officer but on the two municipal tickits the officer misspelled my last name and wrote the wrong license #. I served 5years for my superior charge. I came home in 2010. This all took place I N.J. now I reside in Alabama and I found out I have a warrant for my arrest but I never got court dates due to the fact the name was wrong. Now its preventing me to have Alabama license..what can I do to resolve this without having to drive from Alabama to NJ.

Jef Henninger, Esq Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq.

Call me to discuss at 732/773/2768. We'd be happy to help you.

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

you need a lawyer in NJ to get this warrant lifted, and you will need to deal with the tickets.

call and I will assist.

Robert Davies, Esq.

201 820 3460

SAUL SEGAN SAUL H SEGAN ATTY AT LAW

I am so sorry this is happening, but it can be resolved with the help of an experienced attorney, and you may be able to avoid having to come back. BUT, don't procrastinate. Please call me at 215-370-2608. No charge to talk.

Web site www.saulhsegan.com

I will be glad to help you. I am in practice for 39 years in New Jersey.

Best wishes,

Ronald Aronds Law Office of Ronald Aronds, LLC

Hire a traffic attorney in New jersey. As long as the tickets aren't for DWi your case can be handled by your attorney by affidavit, meaning you won't even have to come to court for these tickets to be resolved. Please call me to discuss your case in more detail. Thank you.

Sincerely yours, -Ronald Aronds, Esq.-

Jonathan Mincis Jonathan J. Mincis, Esq. Law Offices

I am not going to rehash what has already been stated. You probably do need a lawyer's help if you do not wish to physically appear in the town where the tickets were issued. A lawyer may be able to get the warrant vacated without the need for you to actually post bail. Every Court is different in how they approach this issue. Once the warrant is vacated an attorney can resolve your case by affidavit and present a document to the Judge which basically states that it would be a hardship for you to appear in Court since you live so far away from New Jersey at this point in your life. Call a few lawyers to see what it would cost. Please feel free to call if you wish to discuss 201 342 5030. Based on the fact that you were serving a 5 year sentence this should assist in explaining why the traffic tickets lingered for so long. If you do not wish to hire an attorney you may need to appear and post bail with the Court before they will give you a new date. At this stage I would make some actual inquires soon. You have several choice to start. Good luck if I don't hear from you.

More Traffic Law questions and answers in New Jersey