New Jersey  |  Traffic Law

hi, I was at fault for a rear end chain reaction accident. I was at a stop light behind a motorcycle. I thought the light had turned green and I accelerated(10 mph or less) into the motorcycle. His motorcycle bumped the car I front of him. That car bumped the car in front of it. Everyone complained of neck pain. I got a unsafe driving ticket. The motorcyclist was not wearing a approved N.J. motorcycle helmet. He was later ticketed at the hospital for that. The car he bumped had a provisional driver who had 2 people in the car when she was only supposed to have one. If I go to trial can I use that against them? They were both breaking N.J. law. Should they have even been on the road? Will this help my case?

Answered on: 7/01/13, 11:09 am by Jef Henninger, Esq

You should hire a lawyer and let him/her handle all of the legal matters for you. Call me anytime at 732/773/2768

Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq. 8 Offices in New Jersey Tinton Falls, Newark, Toms Riv, NJ 08901

Answered on: 7/01/13, 6:51 pm by Jonathan Mincis

If you were at fault for causing the accident' the motor cyclist s failure to wear a helmet and the issue with the provisional driver doesn't charge that. If you were ticketed for unsafe driving that doesn't carry points so that may be one less concern. However to answer your question that doesn't change your situation concerning the other motorists.

Jonathan J. Mincis, Esq. Law Offices 131 Main Street, Suite 270 Hackensack, NJ 07601