Legal Question in Traffic Law in New Jersey

Leaving the scene of an accident statue of limitation

Okay..here goes, I am being ''charged'' with leaving scene of an accident that occured over 20 years ago! Now, I was never involved in any such accident however NJ said I was, I have never had any knowledge of this until about a week ago! I moved out of state 16 years ago. I recently divorced and I am trying to put my life in order in many ways and NJ MVC was part of it, my x husband had numerous parking tickets while all cars were registered to me. I was told by NJMVC that I had to pay a fine to the court, I mailed the money assuming it was a parking ticket my x husband got and they mailed it back to me and said I have to appear in court for this violation! How on earth could this pop up now and how could they even prove it was me 20 years later? Please Please help if you can clarify it for me.. Thanks

Gary Moore Gary Moore Attorney At Law

Re: Leaving the scene of an accident statue of limitation

You were probably charged based on your car registsration. A twenty year old traffic summmons is usually impossible to prove. You need a lawyer to speak for you, but it should be a simple matter and I would not charge the $,250.00 fee that I would normally charge.

Call me if you like.

Gary Moore, Esquire

Hackensack, New Jerey

www.garymooreattorneyatlaw.com

Ronald Aronds Law Office of Ronald Aronds, LLC

The ticket was probably issued 20 years ago and is still in the system. Everything is computerized now, so no matter how old something is it is still active. You need a lawyer to help you with this one. I can represent you even if you live out of state. I am an attorney who has handled many cases similar to yours in various courts throughout New Jersey in the past. Please contact me to discuss your case in more detail. I never charge for simply talking to a person about their case.

Sincerely yours, -Ronald Aronds, Esq.

www.njworkerscompensationlaw.com

Jef Henninger, Esq Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq.

This is actually a very common issue, tickets and charges from many years ago. Call me at 732/247/3340 to discuss the issue.

More Traffic Law questions and answers in New Jersey