New Jersey  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/02/12, 4:41 pm

If a person who may be under investigation transfers all their assets to a trust account, can the the bank records for the trust be obtained?

1 Answer

Answered on: 2/02/12, 8:32 pm by Ronald Cappuccio

Yes, such a transfer would be deemed a "Fraudulent Transfer" under NJ law and in most States. The person should immediately contact and estate and tax lawyer to work on asset protection.

I hope this helps!

Ron Cappuccio

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Ronald J. Cappuccio, J.D., LL.M.(Tax) 1800 Chapel Avenue West, Suite 128 Cherry Hill, NJ 08002

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search