New Jersey  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/08/00, 8:44 pm

Small estate Probate in Middlesex County, NJ

Mother passed away leaving a will naming two sons as executors and to "share and share alike" her assets after payment of funeral expenses. Funeral expense has been paid. No other outstanding bills.

A small life insurance policy names both sons as beneficiars. No other assets.

Relationship between brothers is greed factor involved.

Because the estate is so small, how may we probate the will in Middlesex County, NJ without an attorney. (sorry)

House is worth approx $70,000 and is in the mother's name. Brothers have no problem with keeping the house and allowing the elder brother to continue living there as long as he wants.

Small bank account already has the two sons names on it as well as the deceased mother's name.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search