New Mexico  |  Family Law

Child custody

I am A 19 yr. old male and my girl friend of one year moved out of our house and moved into a friends house. But since she has left she has not spent one weekend with her and drops her off at 8am and picks her up at at night around 8. Of course school and work are a factor but lately she has been getting of earlier but go tanning and other unessisary activities instead of spending more time with our daugter would i have a chance or not i would really love if someone could guide me through this it is very upsetting

Answered on: 3/06/09, 10:46 am by Deborah Cilento-Foran

Re: Child custody

Do you have visitation? The mother's child is able to carry on a life as long as the child is properly cared for. If the mother is juggling school/work & providing proper care for your child,there is no law that restricts her activities because you deem them unnecessary.

However, if the child is being neglected, then you need to report that to the proper authorities.

Attorney address not available