Legal Question in Family Law in New Mexico

can you sue the Health and Human service department for incompetent that caused damages?

Asked on 2/21/13, 1:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Watson John Watson, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Your question reminded me of a judge I knew more than 20 years ago who used to answer this question by saying "This is America, Sir (or Mam)! You can sue anyone at anytime."

So, the short answer is yes, you probably can sue them. How you go about doing that will involve a bit more than you might want to know. I would suggest you find either a TORT lawyer or a CIVIL RIGHTS lawyer. You take it from there.

Good Luck.

Law Guru

Read more
Answered on 2/21/13, 10:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Mexico

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now