Legal Question in DUI Law in New Mexico

My husband has a failure to appear in New Mexico for something that happened around 13 years ago. He travels internationally, and is stopped when entering the's a non extradition/failure to appear warrant. His passport is up for renewal and we are wondering what the best way to handle this is. Can he just pay a fine or will he have to turn himself in? We live in Texas...he was working in New Mexico at the time. Thanks

Asked on 9/15/10, 1:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Aspinwall Charles S. Aspinwall, J.D., LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The answer depends upon which court he was charged in, and what the charges were. It may be possible to resolve the outstanding warrant without having to appear in NM, so further information is required. The charge(s), the case number, and the court in which he is charged is all required information for a more complete answer.

Read more
Answered on 9/23/10, 5:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in New Mexico

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now