Legal Question in DUI Law in New Mexico

I got a withheld judgment for a DUI 10 months ago. I am trying to get a drivers license in a different state, as I have recently moved. Will the DMV see that I've had a DUI even though I received a withheld judgment?

Asked on 7/22/09, 11:35 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Aspinwall Charles S. Aspinwall, J.D., LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes. There is no "withheld judgment" in NM for DWI. NM MVD will likely see the conviction appear in the national data base for DWI convictions, and may suspend driving privileges for a year or more, depending upon the driver's prior record.

Read more
Answered on 8/03/09, 3:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in New Mexico

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now