New Mexico  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/22/13, 7:51 pm

In child support case. If the custodial parent hasn't work for 3 years(because hubby doesn't want her too), is her potential work income used or is she excempt?

1 Answer

Answered on: 1/23/13, 7:22 am by John Watson

The answer to your case is "generally no." However, there are circumstances that can create exceptions to the general rule. You really should sit down and spend some amount of time with an attorney and talk about this question. Many attorneys will give you a 'free' 1/2 consultation but you can often 'buy' an hour of consultation time from an attorney where you are not hiring the attorney to represent you but you are having the attorney 'educate' you about a particular topic. This topic is one that is not simple and one of which it would be worth your while to converse with an attorney in some depth.

Hope this helps.

Law Guru

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

John Watson, Attorney at Law 525 E. Lohman St., Suite D Las Cruces, NM 88001

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search