Legal Question in Family Law in New Mexico

If you have a court order for child visitation. There is specific times and the other party is late picking the child up and dropping them off. what can I do ?

Asked on 7/13/13, 3:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

George Chandler Chandler Law of Los Alamos
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You enforce court orders by asking the court for an "order to show cause" - a request to the court for a finding of contempt of court. First and second district courts have these forms on line. This is a time-consuming and hostile process and I would suggest you try to work it out first. Perhaps by seeing if the times could be modified so the other party can be more punctual. If you reach such an agreement be sure to put it in writing.

Read more
Answered on 7/13/13, 4:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Mexico

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now