New Mexico  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/28/09, 4:24 pm

Emergency custody at New Mexico pueblo

I dropped my child off at the babysitter in Santo Domingo Pueblo, while I was out the Grandmother contacted the governer of the pueblo for emergency custody because she did not want the child living off the pueblo, the governor granted it and the officials would not allow me in the home to get my child and escoted me off the pueblo. How do I fight this, how do I get my choild back if the governor has all power in a soveirn nation, Who has jurisdiction to overturn his decisions? Is there a checks and balance?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search