New Mexico  |  Family Law

My husband and i have been separated for about a year and he has never given me child support for my one year old son. I signed the divorce papers wich say he will have him one week and i one week. He hast turned in the papers. I signed them because he said that he was only going to take him some days but now he told me he was going to get him the full weeks. Am i obligated to sign the papers if he takes them? An how can i make him pay me all the money from were he stoped giving me money for my son.

Answered on: 9/07/13, 2:36 pm by George Chandler

Your question is very unclear. What papers has he not turned in? What papers did you sign? What papers is he asking you to sign now? There should be at a minimum a divorce decree, a marital settlement agreement, and a parenting plan. Do you have copies? Were they filed with the court? resubmit your question or call me at 505 662-5900, or my cell 505 280-3110 and I'll try to get your question straight and maybe I can answer it. No charge.

George Chandler Law 1208 9th Street Los Alamos, NM 87544