Legal Question in Personal Injury in New Mexico

I was involved in an incident October 30th, 2011 where a girl bit a chunk out of my chin. I have $1000 in medical bills, $1500 plastic surgery which thank goodness my insurance covered. No lawyer will take my case as of now because she has no source of money for me to get. If her and her new husband buy a house in the future, can I sue her and have her home owner's insurance pay me?

Asked on 6/21/12, 6:27 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Aspinwall Charles S. Aspinwall, J.D., LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No. HO insurance does not cover intentional torts. But you can sue her yourself in small claims court (Metro Court in Albuquerque, Magistrate Court everywhere else) without a lawyer. If you get a judgment, she will have to pay you first before she can get a loan of any kind.

Read more
Answered on 6/21/12, 8:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in New Mexico

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Personal Injury Law and Tort Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now