My half sister died in New York without a will. She is survived by her mother, her full blood brother and myself (half blood brother). My question is if I am entitled to any of her estate?
Answered on: 8/26/10, 10:44 am by Marc Greenberg
Nope. You are 5th on the list:
(1) A spouse and issue, fifty thousand dollars and one-half of the residue to the spouse, and the balance thereof to the issue by representation.
(2) A spouse and no issue, the whole to the spouse.
(3) Issue and no spouse, the whole to the issue, by representation.
(4) One or both parents, and no spouse and no issue, the whole to the surviving parent or parents.
(5) Issue of parents, and no spouse, issue or parent, the whole to the issue of the parents, by representation.
Did you find this answer helpful?
0 Users found this answer helpful.
0 Attorneys agree with this answer.
Law Office of David Watkins 285 Closter Dock Rd Closter, NJ 07640► Other answers from this attorney