My half sister died in New York without a will. She is survived by her mother, her full blood brother and myself (half blood brother). My question is if I am entitled to any of her estate?
1 Answer from Attorneys
Nope. You are 5th on the list:
(1) A spouse and issue, fifty thousand dollars and one-half of the residue to the spouse, and the balance thereof to the issue by representation.
(2) A spouse and no issue, the whole to the spouse.
(3) Issue and no spouse, the whole to the issue, by representation.
(4) One or both parents, and no spouse and no issue, the whole to the surviving parent or parents.
(5) Issue of parents, and no spouse, issue or parent, the whole to the issue of the parents, by representation.