New York  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/12/09, 3:45 pm

Majauskas vs. Majauskas

I have been divorced for 12 years and would like to know when my ex-husband retires, will I be contacted by his employer regarding what I am entitled to?

How do I find out if he has disclosed the Majauskas vs. Majauskas as part of our divorce agreement to his employer?

1 Answer

Answered on: 7/14/09, 10:01 am by jeffrey lazroe

Re: Majauskas vs. Majauskas

An order must be prepared pursuant to the divorce decree and filed with the employer. This is a separate proceeding. If this is not done, the employer and your ex-husband can do whatever they want to do with the pension money. Your husband can even now change the distribution method of the pension to your benefit, until this procedure is finished.

If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact me.

Jeff Lazroe

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Jeffrey A. Lazroe attorney at law 410 Main Street Buffalo, NY 14202

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search