Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in New York

I received a Credit Card judgment against me and challenged the service and the merits of the case. The plaintiffs attorney sent a CONSENT to Vacate Judgment but in the body of the affidavit reads that the plaintiff position is that the service was proper and they will vacate judgment on the merits. Statute of limitations is up. They are requesting an answer to their "Consent to Vacate,' what do I do???How do I challenge service to get them to restart the process???

Asked on 5/16/11, 11:18 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marshall Isaacs Marshall R. Isaacs, Attorney At Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You must be leaving something out because your question doesn't make sense. What do you mean you "challenged service on the merits"? Did you have a traverse hearing where the Court determined service was improper? Or did you just tell the Plaintiff's counsel that you think service was improper? Credit card companies don't vacate judgments without good reason. Again, how did you get them to agree to vacate?. Lastly, you don't provide any dates so how do you know the statute of limitations has run? Mind you, there are ways to revive a case beyond the statute of limitations.

Again, I believe you misunderstand the situation you are in or aren't explaining properly. I'd suggest that you call an attorney to discuss your situation or, at a minimum, try to clarify your LawGuru question.

Read more
Answered on 5/18/11, 12:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now