Legal Question in Personal Injury in New York

In Sept. of 2010 contractors were installing aluminum siding and gutters on our home on Long Island, NY. The job took a week or so and they were responsible for removal of debris during this time. The contractors neglected to remove broken wood with nails protruding from it and I stepped on the rusty nail left in my driveway. The contractor was present and witnessed this. I received medical attention at a walk in clinic - including a tetanus shot. I am currently under a Podiatrist's care Due to the trauma my foot has produced fibromitosis and discovered I now need surgery. I would like to file suit against this company - how would I proceed?

Eric Rothstein Rothstein Law PLLC

You should speak with an attorney who handles personal injury cases. Did you have a written contract and did it say the contractor was responsible to remove the debris? Hopefully the contractor has insurance. I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handles these type of cases. Fee free to check out my web site and contact me.

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Unless the contractor had liability insurance, i doubt you will find an attorney to make a claim.

Pasquale Calcagno Calcagno & Associates, PLLC

You probably have a case but you need to prove notice and I would need to review the contract. Call me, Pasquale Calcagno, attorney at law, for a free consultation at 1(800)WE-FIGHT. We have convenient locations all over New York and can even come to your home upon request.

I look forward to fighting hard for your rights.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in New York