Legal Question in Traffic Law in New York

Right turn on red arrow

While going to the store in Niagara county, NY, my wife was pulled over and issued a summons for turning right against a red arrow. Apparently, a ''blitz' was underway, as many other cars were being pulled over. She claims the light was yellow as she followed anther driver into the turn (he was not pulled over). Tonight she was issued an appearance ticket for two weeks from now, after pleading ''not guilty''. Is there a change she can plead this down, or do we have to go to the expense of hiring a lawyer(which we can't afford) to keep her recoed clean? Thanks.

jeffrey lazroe Jeffrey A. Lazroe attorney at law

Re: Right turn on red arrow

I concur with Mr. Evans. You always have a better chance of reaching a satisfactory settlement with the aid of a lawyer.

If you plead guilty, or are found guilty after trial, this would add points to your license, and a resultant increase in insurance premiums, as well as a substantial fine.

I am located in Buffalo,New York, and appear regularly in all courts in Western New York.

We charge $350.00 to resolve the matter.

If you would like to retain our servivces, please feel free to contact me.

Robert Evans Robert S. Evans esq.

Re: Right turn on red arrow

There is always the possibility of a plea bargain unless the ticket is returnable at a Traffic Violations Bureau tribunal. The negotiation is usually between an attorney representing the accused and either the police officer or the local prosecuter. A layman would likely not fare as well in this process. You may contact my office @7188340087 for a free phone consultation.

More Traffic Law questions and answers in New York