New York  |  Medical Malpractice

Ulcerative Colitis/Chron's Disease

My son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis when he was 11. After years of trying to control it, we opted for the surgery to remove his large intesting. One year after the surgery which was supposed to cure him, he was sick again. They have now decided it is Chron's Disease. The doctor that did the surgery said that prior to the surgery there were vague test results that indicated it could be Chrons (which we didnt know). If we had known it was Chrons, we would not have done the surgery, since he now has only one intestine and absolutely cannot afford to lose it. Do we possibly have a suit?

Answered on: 8/21/07, 11:13 am by Scott Levinson

Re: Ulcerative Colitis/Chron's Disease

You may have grounds for a suit. Further information is needed, as well as a detailed review of your son's medical records and test results prior to surgery. In addition, it is unclear whether the diagnosis and surgery occurred in NY or Georgia, which would be important in terms of the time limits for filing suit. I would be happy to discuss this with you further . Please feel free to contact me should you wish to discuss this in greater detail.

Korybski & Levinson 150 Broadway New York, NY 10038

Answered on: 8/21/07, 12:35 pm by SHERRY RAGOLE

Re: Ulcerative Colitis/Chron's Disease

As a nurse-attorney, I can tell you that you very possibly may have circumstances for which you may be entitled to seek legal relief. However, review of your son's medical record is essential to answering your question. I would not recommend discussing the case with anyone other than a lawyer; hence, further postings on a nonconfidential forum are not adviseable. Please feel free to contact my firm in the event that you wish to discuss representation.

RAGOLE & ASSOCIATES, LLC P. O. Box 769089 Roswell, GA 30076

Answered on: 8/21/07, 5:35 pm by Scott Riddle

Re: Ulcerative Colitis/Chron's Disease

See a lawyer who specializes in medical malpractice (not a lawyer who claims to do that, and several other unrelated areas of law). The lawyer will no doubt consult a qualified doctor to further evaluate the case. No one here can guess whether you have a case without that evaluation.

Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC Suite 1530 Tower Place, 3340 Peachtree Road Atlanta, GA 30326

Answered on: 9/07/07, 8:44 am by Jason Richman

Have you resolved this question yet?

If not please feel free to contact me.

5853195334

Jason A. Richman, Esq. Jason A. Richman, Esq., 1786 Spartan Drive Farmington, NY 14425

Answered on: 8/22/07, 6:45 am by Robert Windholz

Re: Ulcerative Colitis/Chron's Disease

You already have received answers from other attorneys interested in reviewing your case. Please check our web site and make your own determination. Was the surgery performed in GA?

Robert S. Windholz, Attorney At Law 8565 Dunwoody Place Building 15 Atlanta, GA 30350