Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New York

My wife and I have been separated for 8 months.We share a house together that neither one of us is living in.She has gone bankrupt on the house,I haven't.She wants to let someone move into it without my permission.Is this possible.She has a protective order against me that says I can't go in the house.

Asked on 2/14/12, 2:46 pm

2 Answer from Attorneys

Carlos Gonzalez Gonzalez Law Associates P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Short answer yes, she can... I would suggest fighting the order of protection and getting it eliminated. If it is a family court order this is easier than a criminal court order for the most part.

Hire yourself a good attorney asap! If you're interested in hiring someone contact us at 212-405-2234

Read more
Answered on 2/14/12, 5:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now