Legal Question in Administrative Law in New York

Hello, my name is Vladimir, today I was standing on the corner a block away from my school, having a conversation with my friends, a PO rolled up in his van and told me specifically to "find some place else to hang out". Is it illegal to stand on a public side walk? And what can I do if it happens again?

PS he issued me a parking ticket a week ago, which got me frustrated and I cursed him out, which is probably the reason he kicked me off that corner today, however I believe, I had a right to stay there as long as I was not disturbing the peace. Thank you!

Max Rosenberg Rosenberg & Press L.L.C.

Sir, in my opinion, you are incorrect. You cannot loiter on the sidewalk for an extended period of time if a police officer tells you to move. Police officers have very wide discretion. To curse one out, to scream at one, to engage one in a fight, is one of the most foolish things that you could possibly do. You need to reconsider your actions. You do not want to have problems with the police.

More Administrative Law questions and answers in New York

Administrative Law Legal Forms